1. What is the purpose of security permissions in a CMS? What are the various permission options provided in Drupal?
The purpose of permission is it allows what the users of your site can see or do. You can set permissions for each specific role. The main areas of permission in drupal gardens are:
– Contextual Links
2. What is a “theme” in Drupal? How do themes make designing web sites easier?
A theme is a collection of files that define the presentation layer. A theme provides the same look and feel throughout the website
3. What are “blocks” in Drupal? How do blocks make designing web sites easier?
Blocks in Drupal are boxes of content that can be displayed in regions eg. navigation bars, side bars, footer
4. What is a Google Ajax Wizard? How can Google Ajax Wizards make adding content to a web site easier?
Google Ajax Wizard is designed to let you add feeds to your pages, sites, and blogs. The Dynamic Feed Control takes either a single feed url, an array of feed urls, or a more structured array of feed description objects, a container, and optional options.
5. Undertake the following tasks for your Drupal web site assignment:
a. Add a logo;
b. Add a shortcut icon/favicon;
c. Implement a navigation system; and
d. Investigate what Google Ajax Wizards might be appropriate to your Drupal web site, and implement them.