1. Why is it difficult for people to reward good IA?
Information architecture is difficult for people to reward because for people with no technical skills in the matter they can’t reward something that they cannot comprehend
2. Explain what is meant by “Top Down IA”
Top down architecture starts with a broad overview and understanding of the websites strategy and goals, and creates a basic structure first. From there, content relationships are refined as the site architecture grows deeper, but its all viewed from the overall high-level purpose are organized.
3. What are some common questions a user has upon landing on a page on a website?
Typical questions a user might question upon a page could be “what other information can if find?”, “Where else can I navigate to?”
4. Explain what is meant by “Bottom-Up IA”. Why is Bottom-Up IA becoming increasingly important?
Bottom up architecture model looks at the detailed relationships between content first. With this kind of architecture, you might start out with user personas and how those users will be going through the site. From there, you figure out how to tie it all together, rather than looking at how it all relates first.
5. What is an organisation system?
The main ways of categorizing or grouping a site’s content (e.g., by topic, by task, by audiences, or by chronology). Also known as taxonomies and hierarchies. Tag clouds (based on user-generated tags) are also a form of organization system.